Monday, March 19, 2007

March 16!!!

=) Celebrated my birthday last Friday!
It never fails, I still feel like a kid on Christmas morning whenever it's my birthday. Excited about the gifts that I'd be receiving, and the greetings I'll be getting from dear friends and family... I love birthdays! Especially mine of course!

After work, I went to the spa and had a body scrub + massage + hair spa. It was bliss!!! It's a birthday staple for me now - pamper thyself on your big day! Then afterwards, I met up with my dear Mom & sister for a fab dinner at Bizu. Yummylicious! I had my ultimate favorite - strawberry shortcake!!! Then met up with the gang at Bamboo Lounge...
Last year, I threw a luau party over by Nash's place. Everybody got lei'd. Get it - lei? =) This year, I wasn't really planning on throwing a party/get together - was thinking of just having a quiet time. But I thought why shouldn't I - it only happens once a year, I should be merry. And merry Mari was indeed! I had an impromptu after-dinner drinks with some colleagues and friends at this cool place called Bamboo Lounge. My birthday party is becoming notorious for getting people drunk - I's take it as a sign of a good party. Hehe

My day and my night was going so well - perfect even! All except for one glitch later on in the night. Some people are really unbelievable. My regrettable-bad-experience showed up within the same vicinity. I'm not even going to bother to analyze the situation - because it doesn't make sense. My fuming friends who saw him were the ones who informed me about it. To be frank & honest, and just to make it crystal clear to everyone, and just so he knows, as well as her - and all of their friends, I am so over it already. I am so over them. I am so over him! So leave me alone. His presence is insignificant really, but he is like a VERY foul food. You can only ignore it for so long, because the longer it stays there, eventually it's stink will permeate the air and you have no choice but to acknowledge it. Of all the places, and of all days... Very nice.
I was nonchalant about it, I was fine - I am. Thanks to my dear friends for being so concerned, but no worries. He isn't worth the bother. =) Swoosh! So enough about him, and hopefully they can just leave me alone already.

Besides, no one could ruin my day. Not when I've received one of the best news ever earlier on that day!!! =) YEY!!!! I'm so happy about it!!! Will reveal it soon enough... But for now, let's keep it as one of my little BIG secret... Hehe
Let me tell you though, it's best birthday gift I received that day!!! =)

Happy Birthday to Me! A year older, and definitely wiser! Hope so!!! =)
Cheers to a good year! And more to come!
;-)

No comments: