Thursday, April 12, 2007

...whew...

:-) been a while since I last blogged... you know how easy and quick it is to get caught up with Life. But here's a quick update on what's new:

> First & best thing: I got promoted!!! Yey! I'll be moving to Marketing at the end of the month! Received the fab news on my birthday - my best gift ever! *sigh* After 4 years in IT, I didn't really think I'd actually leave.. IT has been my beloved comfort zone, and yet here I am now, venturing off to something completely new & foreign to me... Have to learn the "marketing language" as opposed to the tech lingo that I've been used to... Have to alter my body clock as I'll soon be part of the "normal working hour" set - talk about rebooting the entire system there! So many things! I'm all excited of course *smile* but deep down I'm also nervous... Am I ready for this? Will I be able to handle it? -- Well I really do hope so!!! :-)
> As I found out I'll be going to Hongkong with my new boss next month for a job attachment & a 2-day seminar. Very nice indeed! I've never really been to Hongkong to visit! I've been there a couple of times but only in transit. I'm all excited to explore the place!!!
> I went to Anilao last Easter and went scuba diving with Alan & friends - finally!! Last time I went scuba diving was November pa... I saw a turtle (twice!), puffer fishies, lotsa clown fish, ribbon eels, morray eels, a lion fish, etc... I'm still learning the names of the fishies so I'll update you guys once I do know them already... Hehe. It was a great weekend! Had loads of fun diving & even more when I was logging my dives - yey! And I really do feel that my luck is changing - after my first dive, I lost my mask! Yes - my Mares' mask!!! You can just imagine how upset I was. But miraculously, my mask was found by a fellow diver! What are the odds of him being on the same resort! It's nice to know that there really are some good people left in this world. Felt so lucky indeed! Can't wait to go diving again soon!

:-)

That's all for now folks... Gotta get some sleep.
Ciao!

4 comments:

sunkissed said...

congrats mari on the move to marketing! marketing will always have a special place in my heart. there's is no other dept in the bank more exciting than marketing!!! miss it na nga eh, but im in events now so i am enjoying myself. don't worry, just have fun. ;P

marinela said...

Thanks Gen!!! :) I really am excited about it. I'll be with the Mel's Team - Cross Sell... Cia for now!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari! Congrats! I was checking out my friendster (very rare that I do this) and saw your new diving pics. then I noticed you have a blog pala and read about your promotion.

Good for you. I hope they can find a good replacement.

I still recall you as the person who is a good team player and always there when I needed. Truly, one of the most reliable IT Operators around.

Goodluck!

Noel Bautista

marinela said...

Hey thanks Sir Noel!!!
:-)

'Hope to see yah around soon! Maybe in Anilao for a dive trip? Ciao!