Saturday, October 02, 2004

: : more on this L thing... : :


something

If you see me walking the road with someone else
It's not because I like his company
Its because you're not brave enough to walkbeside me.
If you hear me talking about him all the time
Its not because he pleases me
Its because you're too deaf to hear my heartbeat
If you feel me falling with someone new
Its not because I love him
Its because you're not there to catch me if I fall
If you feel lost, I too am nowhere
I too don't know where the road is going
Are we gonna cross each other's path
Or just completely turn around?
Will we just let go of what we had
Or go to the place where love is bound
Don't let me walk with him
Its you I want to walk with
Don't let me talk of him
Its you I want to talk with
Don't let me fall for him
Its you I want to fall in love with.

-the answer-

When you thought I wasn't brave enough to walk beside you
I was behind you every step of the way
Still filled with awe because of the beauty that stands before me
When you thought I was too deaf to hear your heartbeat
I didn't want to assume anything
And I was afraid to lose our friendship
When you thought I wasn't there to catch you
It was because you never gave me the chance
You never reached the bottom, you've already grabbed a branch
If you feel like you are nowhere, I too am lost
I too don't know where the road is going
Are we just going to turn around,
Or are we gonna cross each other's path?
Will we just let go of what we had
Or go to the place where love is bound?
Don't let me walk alone
I want to walk by your side
Don't let me talk of something else
Its you I want to talk with
Don't let me fall for someone else
Its you I want to fall in love with.

"There are some people who meet that
somebody that they can never stop loving, no
matter how hard they try. I wouldn't expect
you to understand that, or even believe it, but
trust me, there are some love that don't go
away. And maybe that makes them crazy, but
we should all be lucky to end up with that
somebody who has a little of that insanity.
Somebody who never lets go.
Somebody who cherishes you forever.



------------------------------------------------------------------------
and another one to ponder on...


Love & Commitment

Message: The most important, most critical component in
successful loving is commitment. Not love.

It's easy to love without commitment. People do it
all the time. Easy to love, to give of oneself
for a while. But commitment implies bonding in
such a way that one promises to keep the fires of
love burning indefinitely. It also means shutting
one's heart to the possibility of loving another
who might even be more attractive, even more
lovable. Not easy. This is why solid commitments
are not at all as common as we are led to believe.
In fact, more often than not, I think
that the commitment two lovers make are not
equal. What I mean is that the commitment of one
might be a whole lot more or a whole lot less than
the partner's. We see it all the time. One
loves more than the other and is more committed
than the other. We have often seen lopsided love
relationships where one partner is giving so much
more to the relationship than the other.

But writers and poets seem to always indicate
that
love isn't just a two-way street, but an
equal two-way street. That hardly ever happens. It
is impossible to determine exactly how much a
man loves a woman or how much a woman cares
for a man. Love cannot be measured and that can
be a
huge problem. You can love someone and tell
him "I love you" and you're telling the truth.
But how much do you love him? Enough to let him
court you? Enough to marry him? Enough to die for
him? THE GREATEST TEST OF TRUE LOVE is
commitment. And the greatest indicator of deep
love is deep commitment. I have heard people
say
all the right words, make all the right moves and
pledge undying love, only to walk away weeks or
months later. Were they in love? Sure they were.
But not enough to allow them to hold strong in their
love. Not enough to keep a commitment
regardless of the pain.

Lover gets this sinking feeling when there is a
sense that one is more committed than the other.
When one is giving a lot more than one is
receiving. When one's love is a lot more solid
than the creaky love of the partner. When a couple
believe strongly that their commitment to
each other is rock solid, there is a deep sense of
security, a feeling that it's OK to give all
because the gift of yourself is safe in the hands of
the beloved. If, however, there is doubt or,
even worse, the conviction that one is engaged in
one-way giving, in a one-way commitment that is
lopsided, then there is a tendency to pull back and
not give as much. And when that happens, love
begins to fade.



------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not even February for crying out LOUD!!! I have no idea why people are sending me these things... but they're a good read...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....................

No comments: