Saturday, October 09, 2004

: : Carnival! & High School : :


I can't wait for Carnival Time! Trinidad here I come (Again! For the third time since 97!) I really do hope things push thru for then... Not just because of Carnival, but also because I'll be meeting up with some dear high school friends... It's been too long since the last time I saw these guys... My bestfriend in high school left for Miami to go to university even before I left, so I haven't seen her in about 7 or 8 years to say the least... Same goes for my best buddy whom I last saw Carnival time of '97! Damn... I'll also be meeting up with a couple of my girlfriends, and will most likely bump into the usual crowd of the GT crew (old flames all included, har har). This is one vacation I'll surely remember for a looong time.

It will be really interesting to see familiar faces from my past... To see how much they have changed or not... If they'll recognize me still, or if I them. 6 years is a long time.

High School in Queen's College was definitely an unforgettable experience for me. I had a lot of firsts in that school... First boyfriend... First kiss... First time my parents had to report to the Headmistress!!! First time I had difficulty with academics - especially Chemistry! That's why I did the Business stream... First time to be on the gossip Hot List... First taste of alcohol, cigarettes, and junkies... First PARTIES!!! Damn - MEMORIES... Both good and bad... Friends, Enemies, and lovers... We had the whole "Saved by the Bell" mixed with the "Bold & the Beautiful" and "Young and the Restless" life story!!! We had boyfriends whom we make up to break up and break up to make up (as we used to say)! Infamous phone calls the WHOLE DAY!... There was always some fair or cake sale to go to every week, not to mention Palm Court on a Friday, and Nightflight afterwards, etc. Parties that make the headlines of the gossip columns- couples evolve in here... they are either made here, or broken, or a whole different long drawn out stoooooory. The famous "who kissed who?". Not to mention the Fashion Police! "Didya see what she was wearing???". There's a time when everybody would be at the Creek, or up in the Races - drag race, dirt bike racing, and go-carts... The dinners every week at somebody else's house... The sleep overs!!!! The unending boy problems - the quarrels, the fights, the making up part, meeting the parents, and what nots... Those were definitely the good old days.

No comments: