Sunday, February 19, 2006

: : words & their meaning (?!?) : :

isn't it funny how just one word can mean so much... possibly even too much... perhaps.
take for example the word dreaming... and it so happens that I am in this mood right now... sort of.
dictionary.com can define it in 6 ways...
(1)A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
--> I say dreaming is not restricted to when you are sleeping. It can happen anytime - regardless of whether or not you're sleeping, or maybe walking, talking, eating, breathing or whatever it is that you're doing... Though I wish dreaming is solely restricted only when you're sleeping. That way everything would've been easier... I would only have to deal with the *dreaming* for just 8 hours or so, if that was the case... Or maybe it's just me... I dream too much. Yep, gotta be.
(2) a daydream; a reverie.
--> hmm... i'm imminently stuck to *dreaming*... must shake it off and break free from this catatonic state...
(3) A state of abstraction; a trance.
--> It is definitely a hassle. Just a distraction. Diddn't I just say I'm going catatonic? Walking zombie... bzzzzzzz
(4) A wild fancy or hope.
--> So true... Waste of time. When you hope, you expect. And the the more you hope, thus of course the higher the expectations. Exposing yourself. Making yourself susceptible to an attack of injury - physical or emotional. And of course once that happens, if you're lucky - hurray for you, but if not, you know you're screwed.
(5) A condition or achievement that is longed for.
--> Hmmm... Now if only I know what that is...
(6) And FINALLY - One that is exceptionally gratifying, excellent, or beautiful...
--> Ooooh... Ok. And so I chose to *dream*... To continue to *dream*... Because in the end, I know there will always be something beautiful out of the ugliness of it all...

Thus, Mari is, and will always be *dreaming*...
Pfft!

No comments: