Sunday, January 29, 2006

: : Kung Hey Fat Choy : :


It's the Chinese New Year! It literally means wishing you plenty of wealth (wingleehong.com!), but people use this phrase to say Happy New Year. Oh well, no harm done in however you mean it.
Though the year has already started and we're almost done on the first month, I'd like to take this time as MY new year. Start afresh. So in Chinese ways, I'm really not that late, it's just the right time... Excuses!
But hey it's really never too late to recognize a change in one's life... Right? It takes a lot of courage to recognize one, and even more so to accept it. So what better time to do it but now.

January is named after the Roman god Janus who's seen as having two faces staring in opposite directions; one facing the past & one to the future... So before this month ends, I'd like to reflect on the past - the things & events that have happened, things that I've done, the people that have touched my life; everything that has shaped me to who & what I am right now... And from here, the question is, where do I want to go?
I don't want to make yet another New Year's resolution. Because I already know what will be on it. It's the same old list that I make every year.
Take this for an example, at the start of last year, I told myserlf I'll quit smoking, and I was able to quit smoking for almost 10 months! - But now I am back in the habit! The only thing that I was able to hold on to from my yearly resolution was staying at the gym... I'm still with my gym, but it doesn't mean that I'm as active as I want to be!!! But still at least I stuck in keeping my membership. :-D

But kidding aside, I want this year to be different. I don't just wish it, I want it to be so. I'm tired of all the negative crap that I allow myself to go through each and every damn year. Besides, there's already too much negativity in this world! So I'm going to be more POSITIVE this year. No more drama PLEASE! Enough with the past. No more stressing over what's been done and what could be. No other way but to go forward from here, and I'm gonna do it with a big SMILE with my head held up & of course with my posture just right.
Life is a journey as they say, and I sure had my fair share of obstacles along the way - but you "lose" some, you "gain" some. No regrets.
I'm still blessed to have a great Nanay & sister... I have great friends that I know I can count on no matter what... I have a good job. I'm blessed with a good Life.

So this year, I'll make it MY YEAR. :-) It will.
Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.
Just gotta keep on breathing.

No comments: