Sunday, October 09, 2005

: : All about LoVe AcTuAlLy... : :


I finally saw "Love actually" & I have to say it's one of the most charming movies I've ever seen!!! One of those rare movies that have me gushing over it with oodles & oodles of aaawhhsss & sighs... :-) I was already enthralled at the very beginning of the movie!
Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

With that kind of intro, who wouldn't? I'm lovin it!
Here are some more quotes from the movie that will definitely make you go "hmm..." or "awhhh...":
But you know the thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end. by Sam

Sometimes the chase is better than the actual "taking" they say... They call it romantic when he's courting you. Sometimes the romance ends when two people actually o get together! One of life's ironies...
Jamie: It's my favorite time of day, driving you.
Aurelia: [in Portuguese] It is the saddest part of my day, leaving you.

A definite "awwhhhhh" moment!
Natalie(secretary): Hello, David. I mean "sir". Shit, I can't believe I've just said that. Oh, and now I've gone and said "shit" - twice. I'm so sorry, sir.
Prime Minister: It's fine, it's fine. You could've said "fuck", and then we'd have been in real trouble.
Natalie: Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was going to fuck up on the first day. Oh, piss-it!

A bloody good ole English humor... Had me laughing!
I dunno, maybe it's the British acccent, or just Hugh Grant (possibly!) but "Love Actually" actually made me re-think my views on Love (yes it did!)... Love is definitely everywhere. One doesn't have to search for it really, coz for all you know, it's just right there in front of you...

No comments: