Saturday, December 18, 2004

: : Merry Season '04 : :


Yup 'tis the season to be jolly yet again... And indeed it is... Parties, reunion, or just a simple get-together seems to be endless soon as December kicks in... After 11 months of slaving through work (for most of us working that is), this is the month to unwind, be with friends - both old and new, and just be merry. After 11 months of having (or trying?) a diet, this is also the season to throw away such notions and just simply indulge on everything that we have resisted (at least for most of us! Some people have a stronger will power to resist still). Food galore, and flowing booze wherever you go! (But of course this shouldn't really be so... We should still stick with the "healthy" diet and drink and eat in moderation.... Oh come on!!! Realistically speaking we all know we forget (or should I say ignore?) such things when it's Christmas!!!)
though it's still hard to be merry specially whenever i think about the loss of my beloved dog...
A week to go before christmas... Yet to be honest, I'm still really not feeling very "christmasy"... Sure I'm happy with all the festivities. I'm also glad that my Mum is in the country right now to spend the holidays with us. And sure of course I LOVE the presents, as well the act of the giving of gifts (though I still haven't actually completed my list, come to think of it I don't exactly have a list! More like just whoever I remember... I really do have to organize and get down to doing things...). But somehow, there's still something missing... And no, it's not because I don't have a significant other for that matter! That's a totally different story altogether. Hehe. But seriously now... I miss the feeling that I had when I was just a kid... When for the whole year, all you're anticipating for is the christmas season... That time when I used to believe in santa claus... That only "nice" girls would get gifts on christmas day, so better not be a naughty girl... And never get fed up of how Baby Jesus was born on that day... And believing...
I guess I miss the feeling of truly believing on christmas...
I'm no Scrooge or anything... I participate in the celebration and everything... But I guess somehow, in some time, somewhere along the line, I stopped believing... Lost the spirit...
I grew up.
That's what happened.

=)

No comments: